After four years of development, the fan-made Diaspora: Shattered Armistice has finally been released. And yes, this Battlestar Galactica labor of love is absolutely free.
Diaspora was made by a group of fans who simply wanted a video game that allowed them to pilot a Viper. While you cannot control the Galactica itself, the beautiful multiplayer game allows you to pilot your own ship through space on a number of missions inspired by the show. Other features include:
- Fly the MK VII Viper, the Raptor or the new MK VIIe strike variant.
- Take part in furious battles against Cylon forces.
- Play multiplayer missions against your friends as Colonial or Cylon forces.
- Completely voice acted throughout.
- Original soundtrack inspired by the show
- Create your own missions and share them with the included mission editor.
Check out the trailer below, then head over to the Diaspora site to download your very own copy!