Batman’s a busy guy, so busy that he needs a tough errand boy, or girl, to help him whup supervillain booty. These feisty sidekicks are the Robins, young people with the ninja skills to hang with the bat in style. ‘Ole Bats has been at this for years, so there’ve been quite a few people who’ve interned, so to speak, for the Dark Knight.
So here they are:
1. Dick Grayson – The first Robin, and arguably the most famous. He’s his own hero as Nightwing now, but before that, he earned his stripes as the ORIGINAL boy wonder.
2. Jason Todd – He’s the Red Hood now, and he’s bounced back onto comic book pages after fans disliked him enough to VOTE FOR HIS DEMISE. (Yikes!) He’s hot-headed, but he proves that even death can’t keep a good Robin down.
3. Tim Drake – Arguably the brainiest Robin, Tim’s a science whiz and natural detective who was smart enough to figure out Batman’s real identity. He also leads the Teen Titans right now, proving that he’s got the leadership chops his mentor has as well.
4. Damian Wayne – This most recent Robin, Batman’s biological son, was trained from birth to be a deadly assassin by his mother, so he was a one-man army by the time he was like, nine. And he’s also been taught to be an expert in tons of academic and artistic subjects, and he hasn’t even hit puberty yet.
5. Stephanie Brown – She’s fought crime as Batgirl and Robin, so this crimefighter’s dipped her toe in TWO superheroic legacies, and before that, she was her own hero, the Spoiler. She’s also the daughter of a supervillain, Cluemaster, so she’s got hardcore stuff in her blood.
BUT… who’s your favorite of the five? VOTE and make your voice heard!
Writer’s note: I know there was another Robin, Carrie Kelly, in the Dark Knight Returns, but I’m restricting this to Robins from the regular, Earth 1 universe that’s not an alternate future.